- Removing remote access link from school website.
- Changed the remote access web address (https://dhs-rds.itservices.dmat.education).
- Enforcing two factor authentication (2FA) for all users.
What do I need to do?
To allow you to continue to use the remote access system, you must login to the remote portal and configure 2FA on your account. Please follow the below instructions. You will only be able to configure 2FA from a school computer. A full guide will be located here by the end of today.
- Login to the remote access using your school credentials (https://dhs-rds.itservices.dmat.education)
- When prompted, download the Microsoft Authenticator app on your mobile device. Please do not use the Google Authenticator App.
- Open the app
- Click ”add account” or “+” icon in top right
- Choose “Work or school account”
- Allow the app access to the camera when prompted
- Scan the QR code from the remote access portal
- Your account will now be configured for use with 2FA
- Click “dhs-rds.itservices.dmat.education” to display code
- Enter the 6 digit code presented on your mobile app
- Log out of remote access using the “Log Out” option in the top right
Each time you access the remote portal, you will now be prompted to enter the 6 digit code from your mobile app. If you experience an issue using this service, please contact a member of the IT Services Team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Users that have been allocated a device for use onsite and offsite using NetExtender, you will be required to follow the instructions above to setup 2FA before continuing;
- Open the net extender application
- Update the “Server” field to “dhs-rds.itservices.dmat.education”
- Enter your school username and password
- If prompted, enter “durring.local” into the “Domain” field
- Click connect
- You will now be prompted to enter a 2FA code
- Enter the 6 digital code form your mobile app
- Click “ok”