First you will need to set a passcode on your device.
- On the iPad go to the settings app
- Then go to “TouchID and Passcode”
- You can use TouchID if you wish however you will need a passcode setup first
- Click “Turn passcode on”
- You will then be promoted to enter a 6 digit passcode. If you would prefer a 4 digit passcode click “Passcode options” and then “4 Digit Numeric Code”
Next to download apps you will need an AppleID. If you had a previous offsite iOS device you may already have an account. Is it vital that you use your work email/work AppleID and not a personal one – this way we can guarantee the recovery of the device if the device is lost of stolen.
- Go to settings, then click “Sign in to iPad”.
- You can create “Create AppleID” if you don’t have one.
While the choice of apps is yours we recommend the following applications: Microsoft Outlook, OneDrive, The Microsoft Office Suite and The Google Apps Suite. All of these will require accounts which are automatically set up with your email.