If you wish, you can access your documents and the school “desktop” when away from the school. You will need to have an Internet connection to do so.
Go to the school website as above and click the remote access icon at the top of the page.
Enter your school provided username and password
Select the remote desktop option – either ActiveX or Java depending on your operating system at home.
First time users (may) have to add the website as a trusted site or install a piece of software to enable you to access the “remote access” system.
Configuring Internet Explorer
If your home operating system is windows 10, you will need to use Internet Explorer and turn off protected mode, this can be done by:
- From the Internet Explorer command bar, choose Tools and then Internet options.
- In the Internet Options window, click on the Security tab.
- Below the Security level for this zone area, and directly above the Custom level... and Default level buttons, uncheck the Enable Protected Mode checkbox.
- Note: Disabling Protected Mode requires a restart of Internet Explorer, as you may have seen next to the checkbox in this step.
- Click OK on the Internet Options window.
- If you're prompted with a Warning! dialog box, advising that The current security settings will put your computer at risk., click the OK button.
- Close Internet Explorer and then open it up again
- Tip: You can be sure that Protected Mode is truly disabled by checking the setting again, but there should also be a brief message at the bottom of Internet Explorer that says it's turned off.
Please follow the instructions on the remote access login page if you are in any doubt as to what to do to enable Remote Access at home. If you follow the online instructions you shouldn’t have any problems using remote access.
If you have any questions, please submit a support requests via the IT Services service desk.
All staff are reminded that the ICT acceptable use policy is applicable when using the network remotely and that you must logoff as you would in school. Failure to logoff properly could limit your access at a later date as the system will think you are still logged on from before.
SIMS and school emails must not be left open or used for anything apart from educational purposes at any time including when accessed remotely.