Password protecting an excel document is not a valid for of encryption and does not comply with GDPR.
Please note passwords are case sensitive and cannot be reset by the DMAT IT Services team.
To password protect your excel document simply do the following:
1. Open the file
2. Click "File" in the top left
3. Click "Info" on the left menu (Usually at the top)
4. Click "Protect workbook".
5. Click "Encrypt with password".
6. Type the password into the box.
7. Type the password again to confirm.
8. Save the document.
Your document is now password protected.